Wow! It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged! Here are some updates… very quick updates:
- I’m teaching again. Gone are my days of sleeping in, watching daytime TV, and eating bon-bons before and after my daily naps. Oh, wait- I’ve never had those days! And what the heck are bon-bons, anyway?
- I’m teaching kindergarten and loving it!
- I can’t run anymore due to a fallen arch in my left foot. My podiatrist told me the bones in my foot are basically collapsing on each other. Nice. He also told me that I have the foot of a 70-year old woman. Um, thanks, Doc. I’m still mourning the loss of being able to run. I’m also a bit self-conscious of the appearance of my foot… for the first time in my life.
- I’m trying to learn to love cycling.
- It’s not happening.
- My youngest started kindergarten… and no, I’m not his teacher. As much as I love my sweetie-pie, that would be a nightmare!
- My oldest is adjusting to his new school and being in the third grade. He is doing very well.
- We enrolled my third-grader in a program called Brain Highways , hoping to address some of his quirky (and somewhat Asperger’s Syndrome tendencies). It’s tough. Very tough. But it seems to be helping.
- My husband is asleep on the couch right now.
- The clock says 11:03 p.m. but my body-clock is telling me it’s really 12:03 a.m. Why do we need to “fall back” and “spring forward”? C’mon… daylight savings time needs to go the way of the typewriter, TV antennas, and VHS tapes/players and be considered obsolete.
- I admit, however, I do like waking up and having it be light out.
- On the other hand, I really dislike leaving work in the dark. Or dusk, depending on the day.
With that, I need to sign off of here. Maybe tomorrow I’ll accomplish what I really came on here to do, and set up my kindergarten blog.
Hmmm… we shall see…